Thursday, October 25, 2012

Some Updates

Hey, I just wanted to throw a few updates down, it's been a while since I posted anything here.

So I'm almost done with the next draft of the graphic novel I've was working on cutting down. It's down just under 90 pages which is good. I think I cut out a lot of fat from the script. Stuff that I liked writing, and could picture in my head, but when I really think about it in comic book terms, would just be really boring to read for page after page. I decided to add an epilogue, as the previous draft just sort of 'faded to black'. I'm just trying to get that idea together into something I can write.

I have a couple ideas I've been thinking of tackling next. I wrote a short "St Patrick's Day" comic back in March, I might make some revisions to that and post it here, possibly see if I can get an artist to draw it by this coming St Patty's Day. After that I have a few other things I can jump on, I just have to decide what.

I put a post up on Penciljack, but I'll mention it here too. Basically, I've seen a lot of artists looking for short scripts for their portfolio, so what I'm proposing is that I will write the short, whatever it is you need for your portfolio. What I'm asking in return is that I be allowed to post the finished comic here, and possibly have it printed to hand out to editors/publishers at conventions. Nothing would be getting sold (at least not with out previous discussion and consensus), this would just be for the purpose of having something to show editors/publishers.

Anyway, I think that's all I got for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment