Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Post-BCC

Had a great time in Baltimore, once again I met some very cool, friendly people! I got some great advice from people who have been doing this longer than me, and I got to talk with a bunch of cool people. It's always awesome to get to spend time with other creators. I will try this week to get through all the stuff I picked up and get in touch with people I said I'd get in touch with. There were a lot of things I wanted to take a closer look at but didn't have time, and I'm looking forward to checking that out online as well.

If you didn't make it out to Baltimore, all I can say is that it's worth the effort, it's a great show. So a big thanks to the convention organizers and everyone that showed. Thanks also to everyone that stopped by my table and picked up a comic(s), I hope you enjoy it! Or if you just stopped by and said hi, it was great to meet you!

In other news that 'big announcement' I was teasing, I wanted to wait until I had a date, but it looks like that's going to be a bit further off than I thought so I'll just spill the beans now. Anonymous Nancy #1 has been accepted by comiXology Submit! Based on info from their website, I expect it will be available around the end of this month or the beginning of next, I'll have an exact date probably about a week before. So, yeah! Very exciting! We're trucking along on issue 2, as well as a couple other things I'm working on. Still looking to get Lunatic Fringe picked up by a publisher, so we'll see what happens there.

As always, you can follow me on twitter @BrendanHykes (I have like 4 followers, guys, so now's your chance to say you were following me before I was cool), and my tumblr is BrendanHykes.tumblr.com, I haven't posted too much, but I'm still getting my bearings there.

Anyway, that's all for now, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment