Wednesday, May 1, 2013

New Old Script, Iron Man 3

Posted a new script here. This is another old one I did for one of the pencil jack contests in the writing forums. I was pretty happy with how it turned out.

Also saw Iron Man 3 last night. **Might be some minor spoilers??** I really enjoyed it, though I just realized that Shane Black really has a thing for setting movies around Christmas that have nothing to do with Christmas. Is that a spoiler? It really doesn't effect the plot at all. I'll put a warning up there anyway. I can't help but wonder if I'd have enjoyed it more if I didn't know so much about the comics. Like I'd think "Oh, that's like what happened in Civil War, that's kinda like in Dark Reign," or "That guy was in Extremis, but he didn't do any of that." Just can't shut it off. I think the thing it really proved, though, was that you can have a darker story, with a lot of pathos, bring the hero down to a low point, and still make a movie that's also a lot of fun at the same time.

Of course, my opinion could change completely upon a second viewing. That happens sometimes.

Anyway, that's all I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment