Monday, March 18, 2013

New Script, Happy St. Paddy's Day!

New script here. I actually wrote this last year as a St Patrick's Day... thing. I sent it to Dark Horse a few months ago but never heard back. I really like the main character, and I feel like I could do a lot more with a character like that, a roguish leprechaun, causing trouble throughout Irish history. Anyway, I had him on my mind, what with the holiday coming around again, so I thought I'd pull him out and put him up here. The script is largely unchanged from the deviant art version.

I was watching with interest a discussion on Twitter today (instigated by Sloane) regarding the fact that artists tend to post a lot of sketches and such online, while writers don't usually have a lot up, and it inspired me to post something. I might go through some of my shorter scripts, make some revisions, and post them here. I've been pretty busy lately, trying to put together some pitches to have up my sleeve when I hit the conventions, and I've also been working a second job, so I haven't as much time for shorter, just-for-the-hell-of-it writing lately.

Since I'm updating, I got some logo options from Dylan Todd (here) for my comic imprint. They all look great, and I have the task of selecting one. I've been sent the thumbs for Lunatic Fringe, which is looking awesome so far, and Anonymous Nancy is about half done, plus the roughs for the other half. So that's where all that stands at the moment.

Anyway, that's all I got. Laterz.

No comments:

Post a Comment