Monday, March 10, 2014

100 words week and other stuff

I was just notified by tumblr that I've posted my 100th tumbl. Hooray! *waves little flag*

Anyway, I finished up an entire week of 100 word stories. It was a pretty fun experience. On the one hand, 100 words is really short, which can seem a lot easier than a 300 or 600 or 1000 word story. On the other hand, I kept finding myself ending a story, very abruptly, and still being a good 10 or so words over. It's really hard to get an entire story into 100 words. But I think the exercise has helped to tighten up my writing, and provided some interesting (if incredibly short) stories, and I'll probably do it again sometime soon.

As I mentioned previously, I'll be at PIX in just under 2 weeks, March 22nd. This one really creeped up on me, and I'm not sure I'm entirely prepared for it. I will have copies of Anonymous Nancy #1, as well as Lunatic Fringe, and the Lunatic Fringe poster. I'm hoping to have a Nancy poster as well, to promote issue 2, which I should have copies of at whatever convention I end up doing after PIX and Nittany Con. (I have a couple I'm looking at but haven't booked tables at yet, I'll be sure to let you know when I have.)

Speaking of, Nittany Con is about a week after PIX, March 30th. So I'll be there too. Should be a good time.

In other news, I have all these short scripts, and I've been thinking for a while about putting together some anthologies so I might start looking for artists for those soon.

Nancy #1 is still up on comiXology. So check that out if you haven't had a chance yet.

That's all for now

No comments:

Post a Comment