Monday, February 3, 2014

365 stories Week One Recap, plus a new project

So, it's been a week, and I thought it was a good time to reflect on the stories so far.

First off, I didn't miss a day, and I haven't had to use any of my prompts yet, which I'm pretty proud of. I think the stories themselves are about what I was expecting. So far nothing that I would consider brilliant, and I think there are at least one or two in there that I would actually call bad (or at least not very interesting) but I am also likely to be my worst critic. Still, I'm having fun, and I think it'll get better over time. I do have to admit, one of those stories may well end up as a book, if I ever have the patience to write one of those.

Anyway, so far, so good. Or, so far, some good, at least.

I will be, throughout this week, figuring out how I want to set up the archive here on my blog. Figure out the best way to do it. We'll see how that works. I also need to make my tumblr look less plain. It's pretty boring right now.

In unrelated news, I have an idea that I've been working on that I'd really like to get together with an artist on. I'd be looking to start building some hype over this year's convention season for a Kickstarter that would run over next year's con season, for a release during the 2016 convention season. There is a logic to this timeframe, so if any artists are interested in hearing more, hit me up and I can give you some details.

As always, check out Anonymous Nancy #1 here. Also, my tumblr is brendanhykes.tumblr.com, and I'm @BrendanHykes on twitter. Also, I'll have a table @nittanycon in State College, PA, first con of the year. So you can check them out on twitter, too.

I think that's all for now, hope you're enjoying the stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment