Monday, January 27, 2014

365 Stories begins

I won't be doing this with every story, but I figured since this is the first one I'll post some thoughts about it and the project in general.

The story is called A Windy Night, it can be found here. I thought about trying to do something about beginnings, starting a long journey, something like that, but it was really windy here last night, and it kept waking me up, so I decided to start with that instead.

A lot of the time, when I'm writing like this, I'll start out with just a few opening lines, as in this instance, and just go from there. Sometimes it'll take only a few sentences for me to figure out the entire story, other times I'll just keep going until I either come up with something or realize the story is going nowhere. This time I just kept writing, not even sure what genre I was writing, for a good bit of the story.

Anyway, this is a good indication of what to expect with these stories. It's, I would say, a mediocre story, not terrible, but not incredible either. I think, over the course of the year, there will be a small handful of really good stories, a larger handful of really bad stories, and then a whole lot of "meh". Still, at least I'm writing, right?

Oh, in case anyone is wondering, this story falls into the "urban fantasy" genre.

That's all. Like I said, I won't be writing posts on every story, but if there's one I feel like talking about, I will. And I'll be archiving the stories here, so I'll post when that happens, and then probably just every moth or something I'll post an update, just a sort of "this is how everything's going" kind of post.

Okay, go check out the story, hope you like it, or don't hate it at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment