Tuesday, October 8, 2013

NYCC and other stuff

A couple of things I wanted to mention. First of all I wanted to mention that I made some edits to the Raven script. The main difference is that the main character is now a woman. I think it adds a new dynamic to the story that I really like. Other than that I tidied up some of the pages. I was hoping to cut down the page count, ten seems a little long for a short comic like this, but to be honest, I really like the pacing on this. Most of these scripts I just write as practice, but I'm quite fond of this one, and I'd really like to see it get drawn (so if anyone's interested hit me up). Might even submit to Dark Horse, or somewhere like that.

Of course, I will be in New York this weekend for NYCC. I'll just be wandering around, so if anyone wants to hang hit me up. I'll mostly be stalking editors, and there's a few panels I'm planning to check out.

Also, I'm thinking of getting into flash fiction. It seems like a decent way to keep myself writing every day even when I can't get myself motivated to work on any of my bigger projects. And there's apparently a decent sized market for it online, so that's a bonus. I have a story I wrote last night, about 520 words, that I think is pretty neat. We'll see how long I can keep at this.

The only other thing I wanted to mention was the movie Gravity, which I saw over the weekend. In IMAX 3D, which was pretty awesome. And I mean the real IMAX, not those screens that are, like, a little bigger than a normal screen. That was an impressive movie. And while the IMAX 3D helped, I think it still would have been an excellent movie without it, it was just a very well crafted story.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment